So, this morning, I walk outside at 6:45 to take out Gabs and immediately get bitch-slapped in the face by heat and humidity… hey there, Texas Summer, you belligerent bastard that sucks the cool breeze out of my lungs and replaces it with stagnant humidity. You of the Bad Hair Curse and malignant mosquito migration. Nice of you to show up.
Am I ready for this summer, you ask? No, not at all. I haven’t tanned, nor am I in swimsuit shape. Presently, my toenail polish is even chipped. (DON’T JUDGE ME!!! ) So, after this insane allergy headache passes (read: never), I am in full Summer Readiness Mode.
I also dug up my FAVE cover of “Summertime” by sexpot Devendra Banhart, with the bonus of a dancing guy in boxers and a pancho. You are very welcome.
Additionally, here is a recipe for Basil Lemonade, which I plan on making asap. And yes, of course I will be adding vodka. Everything is better with vodka.
10 min | 10 min prep
- In a 1 1/2 to 2 Qt glass bowl, combine basil leaves and sugar.
- With a wooden spoon, crush leaves with sugar until thoroughly bruised;
- add water and lemon juice,
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes;
- Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour through a strainer into ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil.
- *Note:The type of basil you use will contribute to the’personality’ of this drink.
- Dark purple basil tints the lemonade pink and has a milder flavor than green varieties.
- Lemon basil adds a lemon-drop essence.
- Cinnamon and Thai basils make this more spicy.
Stocking up on body spray to fend off the Outside Smell,